Monday, October 19, 2009

About Val's Butterfly Garden Childcare

Extensive details can always be located to the right side of this page, filed under "Points of Interest".
To return to the beginning again, simply click my banner at the top of this page.

I have been providing childcare professionally for 20 years. For 4 years as an E.C.E. assistant, 2 years as an E.C.E. student and 14 years as an Early Childhood Educator. I began working with Canada's leading childcare organization after intense studies with The Canadian Mothercraft Society in Toronto.

I chose to open a home childcare so that I may continue my passion of working with children, while gaining the ability to raise my own children at home. "Children Grow Here!" is Val's Butterfly Garden's motto because there are so many opportunities for your child to blossom in my care! I have received so much positive feedback from my website visitors and families receiving my care.

I have been certified in Adult/Child/Infant CPR and First Aid . Both my husband Paul and I have passed Criminal Reference Checks. I have numerous references available. I consider my professional development a priority and have taken many additional workshops and seminars over the years, and will continue to do so. Programs such as Hanen's Learning Language and Loving it Certification. I am a member of the Association of Early Childhood Educators in Ontario (AECEO), and the Canadian Childcare Federation (CCCF).

I serve a healthy mid morning snack, a well-balanced lunch and an afternoon snack daily. I believe that mealtime should be a pleasant experience and is a fantastic avenue for developing self help skills. Any diet restrictions your child may have should be clearly stated upon your child's registration and will be monitored closely. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a peanut free environment at this time.

Our yard is fenced in and features many fun opportunities for the children. Most outdoor toys are stored in the shed when not in use. Although we have a hot tub, it's lid is locked and it is fenced into our upper level decks and children's access to the deck is prohibited by a gate. We are fortunate to also boast an indoor play space for gross motor activity. Our indoor play area encourages active play and includes: riding toys, play house, climbers and plenty of space to run and develop gross motor skills on those cold or rainy days. Children in my care receive an hour of gross motor activity in both the morning and the afternoon, as is required by the Day's Nurseries Act.

I provide a walk to and from Northern Lights Public School on a daily schedule. Children are driven in inclement weather, and appropriate carseat equipment must be provided to Val if needed.

And last, but certainly not least...Val's Butterfly Garden is a place where your child will enjoy a dedicated space. My Childcare is located in our finished walk-out basement with emergency exit. It is designed with developmental centres for your child to explore and play. With a "Happily Ever After" room dedicated to dramatic play, a "Big Kids Club" room where all toys that aren't age appropriate for toddlers and preschoolers are kept, and a large main childcare room...there is something for everyone.

I am registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.  Although registration is not required of an E.C.E. with a home childcare of 5 children or less, professionalism is of utmost importance to me.

Bringing your child to Val's Butterfly Garden isn't like dropping off at "the sitters". I am an Early Childhood Educator, committed to providing nurturing care and creating a stimulating environment in which the children in my care flourish through play. 

Please note, that I have closed Val's Butterfly Garden Childcare in September of 2013 as I am working in Full Day Kindergarten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment